Yes, we have a drama kitty! She came with our house when we bought it three years ago...the owners asked if they could leave her since she was an outdoor cat. Took several months before she warmed up to us. Once the cold weather hit though, we were able to entice her inside quite easily!
We have fallen in love with this cat...stupid cat. Why, would I say such a thing?? BECAUSE, she scared us half to death today. She goes outside at night...but during the day, when SHE is ready, she makes her presence known at either door so we will let her in. Well, she had been in most of the morning and after lunch. I was sitting at the PC and she was behind me FAST asleep on the couch. All of a sudden I hear her throw herself off the couch as her nails snagged into the carpet it looked like she wrenched her body as if in a seizure. She got up and then ran into the WALL.
She laid down for a few seconds then walked behind our couch where she made the most pitiful meows. I yelled at one of our sons to get a towel...she had piddle alittle on the floor behind the couch, I picked her up and she was panting very hard and her body was limp.(which normally, if you picked her up would have been pushing to get down from your arms) She never meowed anymore, but had the most pathetic look on her face. I laid her down on another couch.
All kinds of thoughts went through my mind...did she break a leg, did she wrench her back, was it a seizure...was it just a normal kitty BAD dream or was she dying?? I was going to take her to the vet, but the nurse in me decided to wait it out...I even thought it would be a possibility we may have to have her put to sleep.
She laid there for almost half and hour. She started moving around abit and it looked as though it couldn't be her back. Our ds went out to get something on the deck and the cat looked at the sliding door as though she wanted out. So, he held it open and she got up and trotted over and went out. We watched her jump down three stairs and then run, yes( I said run) across the deck to her favorite bush to rest under. Her gait was good...so, no broken legs. We watched her for alittle while then she took off for parts unknown. I even thought perhaps, she may go off and die somewhere. Three hours later...ds said "Mom, come look, Tabby is back and she looks normal".
She did look normal..like her old self. Of course, for me the best indicator would be if she came in the house and ate some food and drank some water. She did!
So, she is our drama cat...scared us to death.(almost)
BTW, its funny, she no longer sleeps on the couch where she use too...now she sleeps on the *hospital couch*!
This is how she sleeps...she is fine!
.jpg)
3 comments:
LOL! Oh my, they are so funny to watch when they embarrass themselves! That pic is priceless! A princess puddy cat! LOL Thanks for the giggle!
Wow, no kidding a drama cat! I would have been completely freaked out by those actions, but thank goodness you're a nurse and responded well. Glad she's okay!
That photo is priceless tho. heehee
:) Silly kitty - what an awesome picture :)
Post a Comment