BUT, I am a mom and thats in my job title, right!?
Oldest wanted to go to a concert up in PA that was 2-1/2 hours away with his friend and at 19 yo ha a great driving record and I should let him right? Well, after much trepitation, we decided to let him go...thank goodness for cell phones! Its not that I didn't trust him...its always the other drivers that I worry about!
He called when he got there...he called when they left...what more could I ask! He got home safe and sound....whew....
He is a responsible kid and I love him...how do you learn to let go and let them fly on their own?? I feel its in baby steps and this was definitely a milestone this weekend. I will always worry about him, he is our son!
I am not alone am I??
2 comments:
Nope - you are not alone. I don't even want to think about the day that my son can drive on his own. He is almost 16 and I still hold him very close to me. I am also thankful he is not in a hurry for a driver's permit. ;)
Hey Jeanne, I'm just coming around to catch up on my blog wanderings. Been off playing with family and friends over the holidays and have missed several of your postings.
I'm with Tammy - no, you are not alone. After having 5 daughters leave home I can tell you without even a minute of hesitation, that you never really stop worrying about those kids.
Letting go of the baby (18) this year wasn't easy. But it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be either. Maybe because she's still living locally and so it's not as much of a change as when others moved out of state.
Hang in there, Mom. Eventually you'll get more comfortable with it and worry (a little) less. ;)
~~~
Cindy (aka PaintChip)
Post a Comment