Wednesday, December 08, 2010

What! Its December 8th!

December 8th already! I need to get on the ball!
I have only a few Christmas gifts bought, no Christmas stuff put up yet, and leaving for Ohio in 14 days!

What have I been doing??
We were busy with Winterhaven at church( a homeless ministry where the churches in our area take week long turns housing and feeding men and women) All of our family participated one way or another during the week. It was good to be able to help out...the weather here has turned much colder. How much we take for granted that we have a warm house to live in.

DD and I went wedding dress shopping with future DIL(her mom, sister and another bridesmaid joined us) on Saturday for 6 hours. She found two dresses but decided to sleep on it. The both looked beautiful on her.

We also looked at bridesmaid dresses...her colors are a chocolate brown and blue(not sure of the shade..she is still deciding!). Future DIL's
mom treated us all to Panera's for lunch between two dress shops.

The wedding is set for Nov 11, 2011 at 1pm. It will be here before we know it!


That evening I came home and had to make 4 dozen pumpkin muffins for a fellowship at church between services the next day.

On Sunday we were also were asked to do the Advent for early service. My voice was gone(thanks to a cold that began on Friday). I lit the two candles and Scott and all four kids were there to read the advent passages.

I did get the Christmas photo card order done today and will pick those up at Costco tom'w.!
Working on loom knitting a few gifts in the evenings. DH has been making fires in the fireplace which have been so nice!

AND we started walking again in the evenings...the past two nights have been at freezing temps! Thank goodness I have a warm coat to wear and we walk fast!
(another couple of blessings besides a warm house...warm coat and our health)

No comments: