Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Eewwww Ticks! Snakes!

I have had to pull off two ticks off youngest dear son already this month! I use the liquid soap on a cotton ball and *mother* the tick and it does seem to help the tick to let go so I can pull him off. But I hate ticks!

Then last week when we were pulling off the tarp on the pool and we got it put away. I decided to pull weeds and out of the corner of me eye I saw movement along the back of the house 5 feet from me was a 4-5 foot black snake! I had a hoe in my hand and took a swipe at it...missed! It did a 360 and disappeared along the side of our property. I know, they eat rodents and should be glad we have one...but I hate snakes!

Then I had to kill a spider on the ceiling last night...did I mention I hate spiders, too!?

1 comment:

Conniecrafter said...

We had a snake in the garden get all tangled in the mesh I had over it to keep the birds out of my strawberries, DH held him while I cut the mesh from around his body and we let him go. Then about a month ago when I was picking strawberries here was the skin of a snake, I sure don't want to be sticking my hands in the garden and surprise one of them. I hate ticks too...YUCK!