Friday, August 24, 2012

Dear Daughter is Married! (Photos below)

Friday night came and went so very quickly! Can't believe that its over already! If I ramble on here, its because I was trying to get this down in writing before I forgot any details.

The wedding was beautiful! It went pretty much without a hitch, except for one! BUT it will be a wedding to remember!

The hitch....the flowers were late. The flowers were supposed to arrive by 4:00, so the church would be decorated and at 4:30 they were supposed to then go to the reception hall to deliver the 22 center pieces for the tables. By 5:00 they still were not there. The Flower shop was called and only the answering service answered. The operator called the 3 emergency numbers...no answer. So at 6:15pm we sent a few friends out to see if they could buy a bouquet of something at a local grocery store and another friend was on their way to the flower shop.

Dear Daughter was not phased one bit...she was so calm, cool and collected! The Mother of the Groom was so very upset...she had arranged for the flowers and felt the wedding would have to be delayed till the flowers got there. I kept telling her everything would be all right, though she felt that it would not. I felt so bad for her.

With no flowers in sight, our dear friend, Cheryl, went off by herself and prayed to the Lord...can you only imagine what happened next? YES! the flower shop finally arrived (with 4 helpers in tow) and had everything and everyone decorated within 10 minutes. The friends were called back to the church and the wedding started just a few minutes late.

The flower shop said in 22 years of business they had NEVER forgot a date...they thought that the wedding was the 25th and not the 24th. Thank goodness they had everything ready. 

The bride and groom arrived after pictures were finished at the church.
Dinner was wonderful a buffet of the bride and grooms faves...Ledos (Italian), Chinese and Chik Fil A! 

So many family (our family all the way from Ohio) and friends (a couple in the wedding party from California) were there to help celebrate this very special day. It was hard getting around the tables to thank everyone...but Scott and I tried to let everyone know how much it meant to have them there.

A fun part of the evening was before the dancing...Jadon, his dad, Emmanuel and Jadon's oldest brother, Jeremy, danced around and took off their jackets that showed the three vests that Jadon's mom, Paula, made for them...all rival football teams! Jadon- Miami Dolphins, Emmanuel-Dallas Cowboys and Jeremy- Washington Redskins. Paula also made the ties, that all the groomsmen wore as well as the boleros the bridesmaids wore. Plus, she hemmed and bustled Shanon's dress! She is an excellent seamstress.

I cried, yes, I did, when Shanon came down the aisle at church and when she danced with her daddy! What a blessing to watch our dear daughter marry the man God brought into her life...it was an emotional time for us as her parents, but we are so happy for Shanon and Jadon.

The happy couple were married and are now off to the Caribbean on a cruise.
They will be home on Saturday and we look forward to hearing about their week.

Photos below that I took (can't wait to see the photographer's shots!): 

4 comments:

Colleen said...

I had tears just reading this. Sounds like a wonderful event and I think every wedding needs something they will never forget.

Many wonderful and happy years to them.

Anonymous said...

OMG!! looks like you and your family had a wonderful time.

So glad the flowers showed up love the centerpieces.

Lots of Luck to the Bride and Groom

Sybil B. said...

Jeanne the pictures of your daughter on her wedding day made me get teary eyed, such a beautiful bride! Looks like it was a lovely wedding with lots of fun and laughter! Now you can breath a little easier. Thanks for sharing this special day!
God Bless, Sybil

Conniecrafter said...

looks like a beautiful wedding, your daughter was just lovely, glad everything went smootly in the end!